18 August 2010

Homilies for Trinity 9, 10, & 11

My apologies for not posting links to the audio files of my homilies for the past three Sundays! When I heard the first portion of the homily for Trinity 9, I was a bit taken aback by the very pronounced lisp that I had ... on the audio file, not in real life.

So I decided to wait before posting it until I could figure out why the lisp was not only present but also so pronounced. After a couple of weeks of experimenting, I believe I've figured out the culprit: the lower quality of recording. For the past year or so I've been using the "Good" setting in iTalk Lite to record as I preach. Why choose the lowest setting? In order to keep the audio files from being too large.

However, this past Sunday, for Trinity 11, I decided to bump up the quality (and hence the size of the file) with the "Better" setting, and that seems to avoid the lisp sound. So we'll see how it goes.

At any rate, here are links to the past three weeks of homilies--Trinity 9 & 10 still with the "Good" setting, but Trinity 11 with the "Better" setting. As usual just click on the link, download the audio file, and listen away.

Trinity 9 - "Faithful with Riches" - Text: Luke 16:1-13
Trinity 10 - "Cleansing for God's Nation" - Text: Luke 19:41-48
Trinity 11 - "A Tale of Two Pharisees" - Text: Luke 18:9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment